In a scenario, when someone is not having Outlook installed on their system, there will be a difficulty to open and read the Outlook PST file. So, for reading the email content PDF will be a suitable option. To read Outlook email without email client on your system you can save Outlook email as PDF.
Portability of the data is a necessary thing to convey them from one platform to another platform. So, there could be a situation when you do need to carry the Outlook emails to other platforms but the issue with these emails is they are not as portable as other file formats like PDF. As the name suggests, PDF is the most portable file format and it is somehow platform-independent as well. So it’s better to convert Outlook mails to PDF file format to make it easy to carry.
Why PST To PDF Conversion Is Required
There are a number of reasons for this conversion process, which makes the conversion of Outlook emails a needful task.
- PST files cannot be opened without Outlook.
- PDF files are portable and easy to carry, whereas PST files cannot be carried to curate the data.
- PDF files can be opened on any platform but PST file cannot.
- You can safeguard your PDF file with a password.
- Outlook lacks when it comes to saving data in form of PDF as compare to other Office products.
Fact_O_Verse: Outlook is really Cool
Are you worried to miss your public holidays, Don’t worry Outlook can automatically add them to your calendar. Now, you will not forget that 26 January is Republic Day in India while November 11th is Veteran’s Day in the US. For enabling simply goto: Options (File – Options) – Calendar – Add Holidays, and choose the countries that you are working with. Now, holidays are added as All Day Events, so you can easily set reminders, apply colors and mark yourself as, Out of Office suite.
How To Save Outlook Email As PDF With Attachments
It seems quite difficult to convert Outlook mail to PDF when there is no option in Outlook like other Microsoft Office products. But, you can easily do it using some simple methods:
Using Microsoft Print As PDF
This method will definitely work out if you are a Windows 10, 8.1, 8 or 7 user because there is an option to activate this Print As PDF feature in these OS versions. To Activate Microsoft Print As PDF feature, you need to follow the below steps:
- Press Win+R, type Control Panel and hit Enter. Now, Click on the Hardware and Sound.
- Click on Device and Printers.
- Click Add a printer.
- A scan will be initiated after the completion click The printer I want isn’t listed.
- Now find a printer by other options and select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings, then click on the Next button.
- Select Use an existing port, select FILE: (Print to File) from the drop-down menu, and click on Next.
- Select Microsoft from the right pane and Microsoft Print to PDF from the left pane and click on the Next button.
- Choose to Use the driver that is currently installed and click on the Next button.
- Now, provide the printer name as per your convenience or let it be by default. Then click on the Next button.
- Now click on Finish and Exit.
Using the above steps you can easily Activate the feature Print As PDF on your Computer.
You Might Like: How to Save Gmail to PST?
Now, let’s see How To Save Outlook Email As PDF using Microsoft Print As PDF.
- Go to Outlook and select the emails that you want to save as PDF.
- Now, click on the File tab from the ribbon.
- Click on the Print option and choose Microsoft Print to PDF from the Printer drop-down menu. Then, click on the Print button.
- A saving window will appear after that. Provide the saving location and name for the resultant PDF file.
- Hit the Save button and you are good to go.
Doing all these steps you can save Outlook email as PDF file. This will make it easy to convey the mails of Outlook.
The problem with this method is that you can only convert a small number of mail items at a time and if you want to save the whole mailbox of Outlook then it will become impossible to do. So you should go for a software which is capable to perform this in a single click. The software, I prefer is PST Converter, which lets you convert PST to PDF and into many other file formats.
So, we have seen a great way to save email as pdf outlook 2016, 2013 and for all the versions. Print As PDF makes it easier to convert PST emails to PDF but the real issue arises when you have to convert a lot of email items or a whole mailbox. In such a case, the better option is the automated solution. So it’s totally up to you that how you want to save Outlook email as PDF file format whether using Windows Feature or the Converter. Hope this article helped you out.