“Have you ever accidentally shifted or Permanently deleted a file?” I know that was a nightmare to you and created chaos inside you. Because we tend to save all our important stuff and data in form of fils over our computer. It can include images, videos, music, documents, and more so. Sometimes they carry our emotions too.
So, what will you do when you lose your valuable data? Don’t know the answer, then this handout will deliver some crazy tricks to do so. You can easily access or restore permanently deleted files, even files deleted from the Recycle-Bin or Trash of your system.
What this handout says:
This handout will deliver some quick ways to restore deleted data files and will also tell you about the basic file structure that how files get saved and what happens when you delete a file. It will provide you, some easy steps by which you can easily fetch your permanently deleted data/files. So without wasting time let’s get started.
How a file gets saved:
Everyone is curious about “how files get saved?”. I also had this question in my mind but after doing a hell of research I found the answer. So whenever you save an image, doc, mp3 or video it gets converted into bits (0 or 1) and after that, it gets transferred into some specific location of the memory which is free at that time.
Now the question which crawls in our mind is that “who decide saving location?”. “Operating System/OS” is responsible for deciding the location on your drive which comes from “Master File Table Reference”. It’s basically a table which collects all the location information about your storage drives that which location is free and which location is occupied. It does kind of mapping for our files.
What happens when you delete a file:
“Do data really get vanished from the storage media?”. The answer is a big “NO”. Whenever you delete a file or Shift-Delete a file, it gets transferred into Recycle Bin or Trash of your computer, where it gets stored for some time and then it gets out of it, and what we think that the file or data is gone. But it doesn’t work like that.
When the file is gone from Recycle Bin or Trash of our system, what OS do is, that it updates the “Master File Reference Table” of the system and removes the location address of that file, and mark it as a free location. In easy words, you can say it removes the mapping to reach that file. Now, other data could be overwritten on that location of the storage media. So please don’t perform any changes or save other files, otherwise, they can occupy your permanently deleted files freed location and will overwrite that, and it can reduce the chances of deleted file recovery.
Is it possible to Get Back Your Permanently Deleted Files:
“YES” but it depends on some other aspects also like:
- No data is overwritten to that location.
- It’s not been a lot of time.
Now the question is “How do I restore Permanently deleted files?”. After roaming on the internet I’ve found a lot of serene ways to fetch deleted files. Some are easy and some needs a bit technicality, but I will discuss only the easy tricks to retrieve lost files.
#1 File Recovery Using Command Prompt:
“attrib” is the command which can help you to restore your deleted files. “A free file recovery tool”, who don’t want this. If you follow these steps then you can easily do the recovery of lost files:
- Click on “Search Bar” in the bottom-left corner of the window and search for “Command Prompt”. Soon you will find Command Prompt with its black window icon.
- Right Click on the command prompt and you will get a menu, choose run as administrator. Soon a black window will appear.
- Type “chkdsk Z: /f” and press Enter. Here Z is the drive location where the file was saved.
- To continue type “Y” and hit Enter.
- Now type the drive name which is to be restored (like X, Y, Z) and hit Enter.
- Now you have to type ”Z:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.*” and again press Enter. Here Z will b your drive which you want to restore.
Cross your fingers, hope for the best, and if you are lucky enough, it will restore deleted files.
#2 Recover permanently deleted files from the “Previous Version”:
“Restore Previous versions” of windows Property can also help you out to restore permanently deleted files. You have to go through these steps:
- Right Click on the folder from where the files were deleted, and select “Restore Previous Version” from appeared menu.
- If you don’t see the “Restore Previous Version” then you have to go to Control Panel and select the System & Security > System> System Protection and you will see all the drives with the corresponding Protection.
- Select the specific drive and choose Configure.
- Tap on “restore system settings and previous versions of files” and press “OK”.
- Now you will get an option to restore the deleted file.
I hope that these DIYs will get your files back, if not then go for the third party software, they will make it easy to restore your permanently deleted files.
This was a brainstorming experience to define all the problems like how files get saved, what happens when you press delete or is it possible to get your files back after deleting them permanently. I hope that I’ve addressed all your confusion with respective answers and you can easily recover permanently deleted files with manual methods successfully. If not then you can rely on tools available in the market. I’ve also gone through some situation and what I found effective was Windows Data Recovery tool. It works effectively and can easily restore your deleted or lost files.
So it was “Restore permanently Deleted files(Shift+Del) even from Recycle Bin in Windows 10/8.1/8/7 without any Software”. So far so good.