Alert!!!! The SQL database often generates a default account when a client establishes a database connection on the SQL server. This problem generated due to SQL server error 4064 which pops up a message “cannot open user default database”.
Therefore, we will clarify all the successful ways to move out of this situation in the next section. First, it is necessary to know the symptoms of this error so that users know about the mistake.
Error 4064 in SQL Server
Each user uses a default database generally. The default database is used when connecting to a computer running Microsoft SQL Server and when no requirement of a login account. But, when a default database is not present during the connection then users may not be able to connect. In that situation, error message 4064 is received, which is related to the following:
Error Message- “cannot open user default database”
The connection issue with the Default database is visible from above. It either means that the database is invalid or that there is no permission to connect. This Microsoft SQL Server Error 4064 is responsible for multiple reasons. We mentioned them all here:
Reasons for SQL server error 4064
- The database may or may not exist on the server or in Suspect Mode.
- Entered the emergency mode.
- Set to RESTRICTED USER.
- The server is in single-user mode and any other user is already using it.
- The client who attempts to connect to the server may not map the login account and access denied to the user.
- The database may also be a part of mirroring, or the database may be removed.
Depending on the server environment, different techniques must be used to get rid of the “cannot open user default database” error. The manual methods for fixing the database error are described below for SQL version 2005 and its later version.
Solve SQL Server Error 4064
There are two ways to resolve this SQL error:
- By SQLCMD
- By SQL Server Environment
Using SQL Command-Line or SQLCMD
To change the default SQL Server, use the SQLCMD utility. To do this, follow the steps shown below:
- The first move is to press the Start button and then type Run.
- Then in the Run dialog box write cmd and press enter.
- Install any of the command prompt methods depending on the type of authentication of the SQL Server you prefer.
- Type this command for SQL Server authentication: sqlcmd E -S InstanceName d master
- Type command : For Microsoft Windows authentication
“Sqlcmd -S InstanceName -d master -U SQLLogin -P Password”
- Next within the sqlcmd prompt, type the command below and press the Enter button:
“ALTER LOGIN SQLLogin WITH DEFAULT_DATABASE= AvailDBName”
Where already existing database name is shown by AvailDBName. This database can also be used for SQL Server login synchronization with the SQL database.
Resolve error 4064 using SQL GUI or Server Environment
- First, open the SQL Server 2005 login page, then press Options.
- In the next, using existing databases such as Master to change the Connect to database status.
- Eventually, click the button Connect.
With a lengthy process that irritates users, manual ways are complex to use. Since manual ways have a slow processing speed, users may not prefer manual ways first and look for a direct solution. So there’s also a direct approach for those users here.
You can follow the above significant techniques one by one to solve the database error. SQL Database Recovery is another best way to get rid of this issue if you are facing some manual techniques problems. This software allows us to remove the SQL server error more proficiently. Let’s talk about some important features of SQL Data Recovery.
- Corrupt MDF and NDF files from SQL Server can be restored.
- Recovers file objects including tables, stored processes, opinions, programmability, triggers, default, and features.
- Prior to saving, the preview option is available to review the information.
- Then it can save collected information in the format of the SQL Server server.
In this write-up, we have discussed a manual and professional solution to solve Microsoft SQL server error 4064. An expert solution is provided for those users who get irritated by manual approaches and search for a direct solution. SQL Database Recovery is a direct way to move out from “cannot open user default database” quickly.
You Might Like: Free up Gmail Server Space.