Microsoft Office 365 gives feasibility to access mailboxes anytime on any device and its advanced and overwhelming features which make it stand in the online marketplace. But, sometimes users need to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST. In this article, you will get the e-discovery method to Export email items from Office 365 online.
What are the circumstances in which we urged to Migrate Office 365 mailboxes to PST?
Before moving towards the method we enlist some conditions.
- When the user wants to save Mails & Documents for future purposes.
- Archive Office 365 mailbox in Local disk: By converting Office 365 in the PST file, the user can save office archive mailbox to local disk and accordingly work as a preference.
- Reduce the size of Office 365 mailbox: By export Office 365 to PST the user can reduce the size of Office 365 by keeping back up of Office 365 mailbox in PST file format.
- In case the O365 account got hacked so, to add a layer of extra protection to your Office 365 data or migrate away from Office 365.
Also, there is no fixed reason to migrate Office 365 to PST, it depends upon individuals. If your reason is not present in the list then, it doesn’t mean this post is not for you.
Export Office 365 Mailboxes to PST using eDiscovery
There are several steps mention below for the process. So follow them one by one.
- Login to Office Account online with Administrator.
- Next, Go to Admin > Exchange.
- Click Permissions from the left pane. Go to Admin Roles >> Discovery Management.
- In Discovery Management, click ‘+’ sign to add Roles.
- Now click on ‘Mailbox Import/Export’ below roles.
- Next ‘Members’ is found under it, click the ‘+’ sign again and type the name.
- Click on “Save” after finishing the necessary steps.
- Now select “Compliance Management” after that click on in-place eDiscovery & hold” and After that select New (+).
- From the “In-Place eDiscovery & Hold” dialogue box, type the name and click on the Next button.
- After that choose the all mailboxes by clicking on “Search all mailboxes” or the selected ones by “Specify mailboxes to search” option and adding the ‘+’
- Set the Filters as per your requirement and click on the Next button from the next ‘Search query’ screen.
- The next dialogue is “In-Place Hold Settings” from where you can specify the number of days for which the items are to be kept before they are deleted from the server.
- Now, click on the “Finish”.
- Next, click the “Close” button after appearing confirmation message.
- Now finally all the generated search gets listed, after the completion of the process, results, you can now click on the downward arrow to export the .pst files.
The ediscovery method has some limitations as it is very lengthy and time-consuming. It requires technical expertise for the proper conversion and non-technical users may find difficulty while performing the steps. You can use a third-party tool to “Export PST From Office 365” in which Office 365 Backup Utility comes with a wide variety of features that allows to export Office 365 mailbox to PST file and the user does not require any technical expertise while performing these conversions such as Office 365 emails to PST.
You Might Like: Transfer emails from one Gmail account to another Gmail Account