Are you getting Error 0x00000002 / “Windows cannot connect to the printer”? Don’t worry, I’ll give you the best way to troubleshoot this issue. Recently I’ve received a lot of emails of our readers asking for the solution of this error, so I’ve decided to fix the issue related to their printer connectivity. Hope it will help out to resolve your queries.
Whenever we try to connect a printer to our system or try to connect it over a network, we face this error message. It seems like the following one:
So in this handout, I’ll try to deliver the root cause of this issue and what is the best solution for this error code. So stay connected and without wasting time lets get started.
What is the Printer Error 0x00000002?
This is a runtime error code which is a hexadecimal representation of the occurred issue. This issue takes place whenever we try to connect a printer to our Windows system. It means that the driver, installed for the printer is corrupted. There are multiple reasons for the corruption of the printer driver. The error code contains a numeric error number and description.
Why Windows cannot connect to the printer?
Corruption in installed printer driver over your system is the core and root cause of the issue. The corrupted System files are the reason for the problem. There could be a lot more reasons than the corrupt driver, I’ve listed them below:
- Improper Installation of any application.
- Incorrect deletion of any software or application.
- Abnormal system shutdown.
- Software updation.
- Antivirus scan.
Methods to Fix Error 0x00000002
After knowing all the possible reason for the issue lets focus on the methods to fix this issue. We will dig to the roots of the issue and will try to troubleshoot those reasons for fixing the error code.
1. Restart your Computer
The initial step will be restarting the computer. By restarting the computer, there is a possibility that the issue is fixed. If the issue doesn’t fix try other methods.
2. Create a New Local Port
By creating a new local port the error could be solved. To create it, just follow the below steps:
- Press Win+R and type control panel in the appeared box. Then open the resultant control panel.
- Now double click on the devices and printer.
- Click on Add a printer and then choose, Add a Local Printer.
- Then create a new Port by selecting the local port as the type of the port.
- Now provide a Port name in the box and give the address as the following format: \\[IP address of host computer][Share Name of printer.
- Now, click on the Next button.
- To finish the installation go through the instruction and select the correct driver from the list.
3. Remove the Printer Driver
By removing the old and corrupt printer driver, you can find the answer of your query How do I fix error 0x00000002? It will reinstall the driver for the printer whenever you will connect the printer next time. For removing the driver you can follow these steps:
- Press Win+R and type msc in the appeared Run dialog box. Then click on the OK button.
- Then click on All the drivers, appearing in the left pane.
- Right-click on the printer driver appearing in the right pane and select the delete from the pop-up menu.
- Again connect the printer and install the new driver.
4. Try to Update Drivers and Applications
By updating the drivers, you will replace the old drivers with new ones and it will remove the error. There is a possibility that the error message is due to old version of drivers and Window service pack. For updating the driver, all you need to do is to follow the below steps:
- In search box type Windows update.
- Now, click on the Windows updates from the results.
- select check for updates and install the available updates.
5. Install a fresh Windows
If nothing work in your case, you can reinstall the Windows on your system. Doing So you will remove all the system software and data from your machine. All the old system software will be replaced with the fresh install of the Windows. But the problem is that all your data will be lost and deleted.
The aftermath of this Printer Error
It’s an issue which is really tough to resolve. But by following the above methods you can easily fix the error. The aftereffect of the error is system file corruption and data loss. If the Problem is not solvable using the above tactics, then you have to install a fresh window, which will remove all the previous data.
So if you are facing the same issue you can go for Data Recovery Tool. This tool will help you recover your lost data. Check out the trial version of the tool from below.
You can also follw this video help guide to run the Data Recovery tool smoothly to recover deleted Windows files.
Even it’s a stubborn problem, but not an unsolvable one. If you go through all the methods, which I’ve provided you can definitely fix error 0x00000002. Here, I mentioned the professional solution for data recovery. This solution also resolve file not found error in Windows. But keep in mind to follow all the steps. Hope it will help you to troubleshoot the error. Thanks for reading this article.