Superlative Guide to Export IMAP to PST File
Summary:- In this technical blog, we are going to discuss the solution to a problem that is faced by many users i.e.how exporting IMAP to PST. Additionally, we talked about the need for IMAP to PST migration in bulk with the help of the IMAP to IMAP Converter tool. Now let’s move ahead to learn the other aspects of IMAP to PST conversion.
User Query: ”I have to take back up of my email messages, and I want to do it in a file format that I can simply open on any PC. I know that PST is a standard format for email backup, so I think that’s the best option for me. Can you help me with the steps involved in exporting my IMAP emails to a PST file?”
Understand the Need to Export IMAP to PST File
- Back up your email messages- PST files are a standard format for email backup, and they can be easily stored on a local hard drive or other storage device. This can be a good way to protect your email messages from accidental deletion or corruption.
- Suppose you wish to migrate your email to a new email client- If you are switching from one email client to another, you can use a PST file to transfer your email messages.
- When you want to access your email offline- You can export your messages to a PST file when you are not connected to the internet, and then open the file on a PC without being connected to the internet.
- Troubleshoot email problems– If you are having problems with your email, a PST file can be useful for troubleshooting.
- Recover deleted email messages– If you have accidentally deleted email messages, you may be able to recover them from a PST file.
2 Proven Methods to Export IMAP to PST File
The best two methods available for the backup of IMAP emails to Outlook PST. Both methods have their advantages but an automated solution is preferable. The automated solution gives many features to users such as users can migrate the bulk of email messages. Let’s understand the Manual method first then move to automated.
Method 1: Backup IMAP to Outlook Manually
Follow up the below steps to complete the process of IMAP to PST manually:
- Start Microsoft Outlook in your system.
- Click on the File menu and then Select Open & Export > Import/Export.
- In the Import/Export Wizard, select Export to a file and then click Next.
- After that, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) as the file format.
- Select the IMAP mailbox that you want to export and then click the Next button.
- Choose a specific location to save the PST file and click Finish.
This manual method can download IMAP to PST format but the professional expert avoids the use of this method. These solutions are time-consuming and quite difficult for those who don’t have technical knowledge. There will be a high risk of data loss in manual solutions, so now we are going to know about the professional solution also.
Method 2: Automated Solution to Export IMAP to PST
For performing this migration professionally we recommend the IMAP to IMAP Converter tool. This software provides various features such as it can migrate IMAP to IMAP, Office 365, Gmail, and other accounts, allowing the users to take backups of single or multiple IMAP mailboxes.
Steps to Using this Automated Software
- Download and Start the IMAP to IMAP Converter Tool on your computer.
- After that, Click the Import CSV option and browse to the user’s ID file.
- The IMAP-enabled IDs will be displayed and then Select the required ID.
- The software will then reflect all the folders in a tree structure.
- Then, Select PST from the File Format drop-down list.
- Click the Convert option to convert IMAP to PST.
- Finally, the migration process will be completed.
In this article, we explored effective approaches for transferring IMAP emails to PST format. We presented both manual and automated solutions to facilitate this migration process. But manual methods have some limitations that’s why it’s worth nothing to use the method to export IMAP to PST.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I take a backup of IMAP emails?
Ans- Yes, you can take a backup IMAP Email to PST by using this automated tool.
1. Download and Install the IMAP to IMAP Converter tool.
2. Import the user’s ID file by clicking the Import CSV option.
3. Select the required ID from the list of IMAP-enabled IDs.
4. The software will then reflect all the folders in a tree structure.
5. Select the desired format in which you want backup and click the Convert option.
Q. Can I convert IMAP to PST in Windows 11?
Ans- Yes, you can convert IMAP to PST in the Windows 11 version by using the automated tool. This software is compatible with all the versions of Windows.