Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f takes place when you try to send emails using SMTP. SMTP is Simple Mail Transfer Protocol which uses port number 25. During the email transaction using SMTP, the error “Your Server Has Unexpectedly Terminated the Connection” takes place.
Error 0x800ccc0f is a common MS Outlook Error which we can face often. This error also takes place due to conflicts between Microsoft products. Windows Firewall often restricts Outlook activities.
In Outlook 2002 the error is presented like the following:
Error 0x800ccc0f : The Connection to the server was interrupted.
In Outlook 2016 the error is presented as the following:
Reasons for Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f
There are a lot of factors, which generates this error. The following could cause the error “Your Server Has Unexpectedly Terminated the Connection”:
- Windows Firewall blocking access to MS Outlook.
- Any antivirus email protection utility, which checks the mail as it comes in from your Post Office Protocol (POP) server.
- Wrong email server configuration.
- Corruption of Outlook OST file.
- Internet Connection.
The above reason can make the best conditions to raise the error 0x800ccc0f.
You Might Like:
How to Fix MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f
If we focus on the reasons for this error we can easily resolve this error. There are a lot of things which needs to fix, like:
Turning off Windows Firewall:
It’s not a new thing that there are always conflicts between Windows Products, and the same problem is within MS Outlook and Windows Firewall. Firewall often restricts actions of MS Outlook. So, it’s better to turn off the System Firewall to come over the Outlook Errors. To turn off the Windows Firewall just follow the below steps:
- Go to Cortana and type ‘Control Panel’. Now select ‘System and Security’ and click on it.
- From the new tray, select ‘ Windows Firewall’.
- Now, from the left panel select ‘Turn Windows defender Firewall on or off’.
- You will see two options, one is for turning the firewall on and another one for turning it off. Select the radio button saying “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (Not Recommended)”.
- Click on “OK” to save your preference.
Disabling antivirus mail protection:
Turning off the antivirus mail protection utility can also help you to troubleshoot Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f. You have to follow below steps to turn off the antivirus utility.
- Press Win+R together and type “Task Manager” in appeared “Run” box, and hit enter.
- Go to the “Startup” Tab of appeared Task Manager.
- Right click on the antivirus utility software and select disable.
Run Outlook in safe mode:
Running Outlook in safe mode can also help you to fix Outlook error 0x800ccc0f . To run Outlook in safe mode all you need to do is to search for “outlook.exe /safe”. You can also run outlook in safe mode by pressing Win+R key together and typing “outlook.exe /safe” in the run box and hitting enter.
Fixing OST and PST file:
Most of the errors can be due to corrupt OST or PST file. So, to fix OST and PST file, you can use “Inbox Repair Tool”. This tool offers two methods sanpst.exe and scanost.exe. These can easily repair corrupt OST and PST file easily.
Conversion of OST File:
If none of the above methods work for you, you can use this method. In this method, you will convert OST file into PST file and can easily fix Outlook error 0x800ccc0f . For converting the OST file into Outlook PST, you can use OST to PST converter. The converter will easily convert all the OST data into PST file by keeping the data intact.
Microsoft has also agreed to this issue. They tried to fix Windows 2000 service pack 4 to fix Outlook error 0x800ccc0f . But still, the issue is not resolved. I’ve already told you reasons for this error and provided all the approaches to troubleshoot this Outlook error. I hope, it will make it easy to resolve the error for you.