Outlook has become one of the most used email clients. In the past few years, the usage of outlook has increased exponentially. As corporate users have created a dependency on the application of this service, they also become anxious when outlook shows error codes. In this handout, we will discuss a specific issue which occurs during the execution of this email client. we will also find the reasons and way to fix Outlook Error 0x800c8105 after update.
Before going through the solution of this error, let’s see the appearance and reasons behind this error.
When the error comes in a scenario?
Usually, when the user updates the MS Outlook application, the error takes place. In order to opt for the best working and getting the latest features, users often update their application. The 0x800c8105 appears after these updates. It blocks the access of the data from the user and makes him helpless in such condition. The effects of these updates are as follow:
- Update office database.
- Outlook version you are using now is old, update it now.
- PST file can’t be accessed.
Reasons behind Outlook error 0x800c8105
There are multiple reasons behind this blunder. Some are related to the hardware components of the system and some are software issues. Let’s take a glimpse of these reasons:
- PST file corruption due to data storage failure, which leads to the occurrence of this error.
- Sudden power failure during the execution of the email client can lead towards PST corruption.
- Network device failure can also lead towards this issue and can stop the functioning of the MS Outlook.
- File system corruption can also lead towards the corruption in system files which can cause this issue. Which sometimes are not recoverable using the traditional methods.
- Virus or malware is a big reason for this blunder. They can be transported using USB devices or using the internet and can make the system inaccessible or corrupt at the same moment which leads to this blunder.
- Abnormal Outlook shut down can cause issues in system files or in a running process, which can initiate issues in the data files and it can rapidly convert into this error code.
- Large size PST files are always prone to corruption. Whenever a PST file grows immensely large, it creates hurdle in the handling of that file and can also make the file corrupt or inaccessible in some cases.
You Might Like:
How to Fix Outlook Error 0x800c8105 After Update
This send and receive error is always seen after the Outlook update. A user can use various methods to overcome this blunder. To fix this issue a user can go for any of the below-mentioned methods.
1. Scanpst.exe or Inbox Repair Tool:
It’s a utility which is offered by the MS Windows and it can be used to resolve PST file issues. This is a solution by Microsoft Corporation for fixing some basic issues related to the MS Outlook. Inbox Repair Tool got some limitations as well:
- PST file should not be oversized, it should lie under 2 GB range.
- Corruption should be minor like header corruption, not so big.
- The user should sound technical and should have some technical expertise.
How to use this utility tool:
Follow these steps to use inbox repair utility tool.
Step 1. Navigate to the scanpst.exe in your system.
Step 2. Right-click on the executable file and run it as administrator.
Step 3. Click on the browse button to select the PST file.
By-default, the .pst file is located in the following locations:
– drive:\Users\<username>\Documents\Outlook Files
– drive:\Users\<username>\My Documents\Outlook Files
– drive:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
Step 4. Select the PST file and click on the Stat to initiate the scanning process.
Step 5. If the tool finds any error during the process, click on the repair button.
Step 6. Click on the OK button.
In most of the cases, it is seen that the scanpst.exe tool is only capable to fix minor issues like header corruption and it often shows no error in case of the major issues and corruption. Which is not feasible in most of the cases.
2. PST Repair Utility:
As the inbox repair tool is not capable enough to fix major issues rather fixing the header corruption. In the case of major data corruption, it always shows no error message. Which makes it unable to fix corrupt PST file. To overcome the bigger issues or oversized file, it is always advised to go for a professional approach.
For doing so, the best possible solution is to use the PST file restoration tool which makes the file flawless and removes the error code with ease. which means, It lets you fix Outlook Error 0x800c8105 without having any technical expertise. so even if you are a novice user, you can easily fix major issues in no time.
How to use this utility software:
For using the tool all you need to do is to follow these simple steps:
Step 1. Launch the PST Repair Tool on your system.
Step 2. Click on the Open button and navigate to the PST file, then provide the recovery mode as per the level of corruption, now click on the OK button.
Step 3. After the scanning process click on the OK button to continue.
Step 4. Now take a view of all the data of the selected file.
Step 5. Click on the Save button and provide the saving location. Then click on the OK button.
Step 6. Soon the saving process will get complete and you can exit from the tool.
Let’s sum up all the things and hit this scenario to a conclusion. As I’ve mentioned two different methods to fix Outlook Error 0x800c8105, one can be used in minor issues, for small sized PST file and need some technical expertise to execute where on another hand the second method is a fully automated method and can be used by a novice user as well. So it becomes easy to fix the error. Hope it will help you out to resolve the inconvenience in Outlook.