Multiple Email clients like Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook Express, Zimbra, The Bat!, Zoho Mail, etc support .eml file format. If you are one of those users who is looking for a solution to convert EML to PDF file format for free, then this handout will explain the process to do the task.
So this handout will demonstrate both the file formats, What is the advantage of PDF over this format? And how to convert EML emails into PDF docs?
Let’s not make it too long and get started.
What is EML File Format?
This file extension is for an e-mail message saved to a file in the MIME RFC 822 standard format. It is used by multiple email programs like:
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Zoho Mail
- Windows Live Mail
- Outlook Express
- Windows Mail
- The Bat!
What is PDF File Format?
This file extension stands for portable document file. It’s an electronic document which stores data in electronic format. These files are platform independent and can be used to convey data like text, images, media, 3D graphs, etc. In short PDF files are convenient and can be used as a data carrier.
Advantages of PDF docs over EML:
PDF files are the best conveyer for the data. They have their own benefits over the EML file format:
- Portable Document Files are easy to create.
- They are much secure as they can’t be saved by drag and drop which can be done in EML.
- One can password protect the PDF files.
- If you are having a large document file, you can compress it.
- Software to view the PDF content is free.
- One cannot temper the PDF content.
You Might Like:
How to Convert EML to PDF Docs File format:
The mechanism for the conversion of EML to portable document is really easy one can perform it as a DIY. I’ve found two different methods to export EML data into PDF docs:
Method 1. Using MS Word:
To convert the data, all you need to do is to follow the below steps:
- Locate the file you want to convert.
- Right-click on the file.
- Now, open with MS Word.
- Click on the office button on the top-left corner.
- Further, Save As and then select “Find add-ins” for “other file format” accordingly. It will save the EML file into PDF document format.
Method 2. Using EML Data Extractor:
For swift conversion, you can follow the below steps:
- Download and launch the free EML converter and click on the Add file button.
- Select EML files that you want to convert.
- You will get a list of all the selected EML files, click on the OK button to start the process of conversion.
- Now, select the destination path and PDF from the saving option then click on the Save button.
- If you want to sort email items by date range check the date range box and provide the start & end date. Now click on Add button.
- Select the naming convention and select the option from the drop-down menu. Now click on the Save button.
- You are good to go.
It’s an easy way to perform the migration. Just follow each step and get the desired output.
As I’ve mentioned earlier that there are a lot of reasons people convert EML to PDF file format because portable document files have a lot of successive attributes than EML files. You can use any of the methods as per your convenience but the problem with the manual way is that it has some limitations. It becomes a time-consuming process if you want to process a large number of files so it’s better to use an automated solution like EML Converter. Hope this handout will solve all your issues and blunders.