In today’s scenario, mailboxes are filled with lots of information and data. Whenever the space of Outlook mailbox (formerly Hotmail) get too much data, it makes the user compromise with the performance. So the best way to cross this hurdle is to download Hotmail emails to Hard Drive. But it becomes complicated when it comes to saving Hotmail mail items. The reason Hotmail is not an application, it’s an email client.
Even downloading Hotmail mailbox periodically is a good practice but a Hotmail user can only move the mail items within folders, s/he cannot download Hotmail emails directly to their PC or hard drive. For saving the mailbox items you can opt for some simple hacks and can successfully backup Hotmail emails to PC.
Save Windows Live Hotmail Emails to Hard Drive of Your Computer
there are multiple ways to backup mailbox on your local machine:
Save Hotmail Email As EML File:
You can easily save a single email as a .eml file on your system. For doing so follow the below steps.
- Open the email, that you want to save.
- Click on the down arrow key in the header area.
- Now, select view message source from the menu.
- Hit Ctrl+A in Windows or Command-A in Mac to select all the code.
- Press Ctrl+C or Command C to copy the code.
- Open Text editor.
- Create a New Text Document.
- Hit Ctrl+V or Command-V to paste it.
- Now, save the document with .eml extension.
You are good to go. The Hotmail email is now saved as a .eml file. You can also use the subject of the email as the naming convention for the eml file for better usability.
Copy and Paste Mail Content:
You can directly save all the email content to a plain text file and later you can save it on your local hard disk or pen drive. For doing so you need to select and copy all the content of the Hotmail email and need to paste in a simple text document. Later it can be used as a backup of the mailbox data.
Download Hotmail Emails Using Hotmail Backup Utility:
Both the above methods are good but they got some limitations also like you can perform the action only at a single email at once. So if you are having a big number of email items then it will become a time and effort consuming process to perform. But using the software approach you can easily download all the mailbox data in a single go. All you need to do is to provide the Hotmail profile and saving format, then all the work will get done by the software itself.
Advantages of the utility:
- Download Hotmail emails in more than 15+ formats.
- Direct exports mailbox data to email clients.
- Maintains data integrity during the process.
- Self-descriptive and friendly GUI.
- Widely compatible with all the major Mac and Windows OS.
- Facility to download the first 50 emails.
These are the features which make the utility a feasible solution to backup Hotmail emails. Now, let’s go through the way to save Hotmail mailbox using the software approach.
Steps to Download Hotmail Emails using the application:
- Download and install the Hotmail Backup Tool on your System.
- Launch the software and login to your Hotmail profile.
- Select the saving format that you want.
- Provide saving & temporary location, then hit the Next button.
- Select folders to download, provide the date range, naming convention and then click on the Next button.
- Soon the saving process will get completed and you can exit.
As we have seen three different ways to Download Hotmail Emails on your local computer or hard disk. You can opt for any of them. But in the first two methods, there are some limitations that you can perform the process only at a single mail file at a time which makes it time-consuming. On the other hand, the software approach let you save all the Hotmail emails at once in more than 15+ formats with ease. So it is better to go for the utility tool to download all the Hotmail emails on the hard disk drive.