Gmail is a web-based client service started by Google foundation. Downloading Gmail emails can become a hectic task. As a pre-measure, users can simply download the important mails one by one. Let’s take a look at benefits and how-to methods to download Gmail emails to the computer system.
How is it Benefecial to Download Gmail email for PC:
Gmail email content is usually downloaded on PC for backup purposes. Gmail mail items can be converted to various file formats, so they can be easily transferred to other mail clients as well.
The Standard Method to Download Gmail Mails :
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- In the top right corner, click on Gmail profile. Next, select Google Account.
- In the left side pane, choose Data and personalization tab.
- In the Data and Personalization page, choose to Download your data option
- When the ‘Download your Data’ window displays on your screen, then turn on the mail option and click Next.
- Next, select the file type you want your Gmail emails to be in.
- Now, select the Max size in the archive option. Choose size from 1 -4 GB as per your requirement.
- Choose the mode through which google will give the download link. Next, hit on the Create Archive option.
- The archive file is getting prepared, wait for the process to complete.
- Then, a link will be sent to your Gmail account. You can simply download the resultant file from the given link.
- Next, extract the MBOX file from the given ZIP file. If you are extracting an MBOX file to access MBOX contents – You need to have access to its supportive mail client.
The above method will help download Gmail emails to computer system.
Limitations of Manual Approach:
- This method consumes time to generate an Archive file. People don’t want to spend time downloading each archive file individually. The manual approach is helpful if you want to download only a few archive files on the system.
- If the resultant file is in a different file format, then the user may need to have its supporting email client.
- If you have a low internet connection, then you might have to repeat the process.
- you can download data only in the MBOX file format.
Modernized Accessory to backup Gmail Emails:
If the above manual method doesn’t work for you, then you can try the best Modern utility available in the market. For this issue, you can simply convert your Gmail mailbox content into another file format and then save it into the system. One such utility is the Gmail Backup tool. This utility simply converts the Gmail mail items into PST file format and the resultant file will act as a backup in Outlook.
- Users can take a backup of Gmail email in file form formats like .pdf, .pst, .mbox, .eml., etc.
- It allows downloading of content like G-drive items, calendar, contacts and emails.
- Also, it converts Google drive contents like spreadsheets, images, slides, Google docs, etc.
- Users can directly export mailbox items to another email clients such as Hotmail, Thunderbird, Zimbra, Yahoo, etc.
- Users can take a backup of Google contents in portable storage devices like a flash drive, computer system or hard drives.
- Advanced date- range feature to sort mails as per specified period.
- Users can protect Gmail account from spam and hack threats.
We have discussed above the possible how-to methods and reasons to download Gmail emails to computer system. The non-verified method tends to lose data integrity, if not followed stepwise. Whereas, the modernized approach is the best solution to solve issues like this. I hope you find this tip helpful.