How to Find Archived Emails in Gmail on Computer
Summary:- If you are also one of those who cannot find archived emails in Gmail, you will get the complete solution of can’t find archived Gmail here. As Gmail does not offer any specific label folder for archived emails and makes people panic — worrying if the email has been deleted, but the fact is, it gets stored in All Mail folders. This technical write-up will describe the different methods to find archived emails in Gmail so that you can unarchive the email and treat it like a regular email message. Additionally, it also includes an expert’s recommended tool named Gmail Converter.
What does Archiving mean in Gmail?
When someone archives an email in Gmail, it will automatically get removed from your inbox, but you can still access it via search or “All mail.” You can also find an email message you’ve archived by clicking on any other labels you’ve applied to it.
The archived emails will remain on your account as long as you don’t delete them. Apart from not being marked as read, it will get stored in your All folder and get some storage space. However, you can also unarchive emails to put them back into your inbox.
Benefits of Archiving Emails in Gmail
- Someone wants to archive Gmail emails to clean an inbox that’s easier to manage.
- When one does not want to lose important data.
- To quickly access essential data.
- It helps to protect Gmail account from viruses or hacker data. You can also check this post to protect
There are different benefits of archiving Gmail emails. Now, move forward to the solution part to see archived mail in the Gmail application on your computer.
Best Methods to Find Archived Emails in Gmail on Computer
Gmail mailbox emails remain in the archive posture until you don’t delete them or don’t move them into your inbox. However, when you manage the archived email, it will automatically appear in your inbox. Moreover, the working steps will depend on your device, either a computer or mobile application. Follow these steps correctly if you need to retrieve or view archived emails in Gmail.
Method 1: Find Archived Emails in Gmail on PC Using the All Mail folder
- Go to: https://mail.google.com/ and Sign with your Gmail email address and password.
- Head over the cursor over the left panel of the Gmail window. You will find All folder names.
- Select the All Mail from within that sidebar.
- Or, click More and scroll down to All Mail and select it if you don’t see that.
- Another wizard gets opened on your screen, containing archived messages and other non-deleted emails.
- Get a preview of your archived emails. And if you want to retrieve archived emails, open it.
- Click on the Icon showing Move to Inbox from the multiple options(present on the top bar).
- Finally, your archived email gets added to your inbox folder again.
Method 2: Find archives on Gmail Desktop Using Search Bar
As a matter of fact, you can’t easily search the archive email in the search bar. However, go for the below-mentioned steps to undo archived emails in Gmail:
- Suppose you know keywords for the email you’re searching for, like: the topic, sender, or subject of the message.
- Just enter those specific ones into the search bar and click the Enter button.
- If this procedure is not helpful, enter “-in:Sent -in:Draft -in:Inbox” -has:nouserlabels” (with the quotes) into the search bar and click the Enter button. It definitely brings up your All mail inbox.
- Use the retrieved results for other access.
How to Find Archived emails in Gmail on the Mobile App?
The process to undo archived emails in Gmail is the same on both iPhones and Android. Therefore, follow the steps to retrieve archived emails.
Method 1: Using the All Mail folder
- Start the Gmail application on your mobile and login into your account if needed.
- Click on the three-line icon located in the top-left corner of the wizard.
- Here, go for the All Mail folder.
- All Mail shows you everything in one place, including archived emails.
Method 2: Using the Search Bar
- Start the Gmail app on Mobile(iPhone or Android)
- Click on the search bar at the top of the screen and enter your keywords.
- At last, search keywords, like the sender name or subject, to find your archived emails.
How to Prevent an email from being Archived?
Gmail Converter Tool is highly-suggested and most reliable among professional users to download Gmail mailbox emails into a local drive, PC, or computer. The software comes up with different saving options like PDF, PST, and MBOX, making it the best compared to others. Using this software, you can easily avoid the chances of data loss and archiving. Here are some other prominent reasons to use this tool:
- Backup Gmail emails into 15+ file formats like PST, PDF, EML, EMLX, CSV, MBOX, HTML, PNG, MHTML, etc.
- Preserve the hierarchy of chosen folders as per the original.
- Remove the Duplicate Mail option to exclude similar emails.
- Option to set schedule backup Gmail emails daily, weekly, and monthly.
- It offers the facility to free-up space in your Gmail account by downloading.
- Mail Filter helps you to separate emails based on a date range.
- You can select the destination path for the output folder as you desire.
- Support all the Windows versions like 11, 10, 8.1, 8, Vista, XP, etc.
- Migrate Gmail emails into other email clients like Office 365, AOL, Thunderbird, Office 365, etc.
Steps to Backup Gmail emails into Hard Drive
- Start the Gmail Converter on your PC.
- Sign in with Gmail ID and third-party app password.
- Go for the Mail icon on the following wizard.
- Select the folders you want to save and click Next.
- Choose a saving format such as PDF, PST, or others from the list.
- Check the particular software features as per your need.
- Click on the Convert button to download Gmail emails.
To sum up, this blog has introduced the best methods to find archived emails in Gmail. If you encounter the can’t find archived Gmail issue, you can use these methods to fix them successfully. Besides, to avoid this issue, you can also go through with Gmail Converter and backup Gmail emails directly into a computer.