Switching between different Gmail accounts for accessing the emails is quite exasperating, but this can be resolved by transferring all the emails from one account to another Gmail profile. It seems quite easy to move emails by forwarding them to another address but it makes the handling of those forwarded emails quite difficult. So let’s see how to make things easy by transferring emails from one Gmail account to another.
This sounds like an annoying and tiring process, but believe me, this could be done in a simple and quick way. The good thing is, Gmail itself offers a way to move all the emails from one account to another Gmail account and it also allows you to receive the new emails in the other account as well.
How To Move Emails From One Gmail Account To Another
To import Gmail to Gmail, you have to go through some processes:
Enable POP Server for Gmail Account
By enabling the POP in the old Gmail account, you allow the new Gmail account to fetch the emails from the old account. It can be done in a few simple steps:
- Login to your old Gmail account.
- Click on the Gear Icon > Settings.
- Navigate to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Select Enable “POP for all Mail” in the POP Download section.
- Hit the drop-down menu in the POP Download section saying “Keep Gmail’s copy in the inbox”.
- Select what you want to be done when the emails are accessed or fetched by another account.
- Click on the Save button and log out of the old account.
Fact_O_Verse: Do You Know?
Schedule Emails to Send! Don’t Know!
It’s not the most prominent feature of the Gmail but you can schedule the time to send an email in future. For doing this you need to click on the Downward Arrow next to Send button on the compose window and select Schedule Send, this will allow you to select a date and time to send that email. Isn’t it flexible!
Import Emails From One Gmail Account to Another Using POP Setting
After activating POP on the old account, we can easily import emails from the old account to the new account. Follow the below steps to transfer emails from one Gmail profile to another Gmail profile:-
- Open Gmail and login to your new account.
- Click on the Settings(gear).
- Go to Accounts and import > Check mail from other accounts > Click on the Add a Mail account.
- Enter the old Gmail address and click on the Next button.
- Select ‘Import emails from my other account (POP3)’ and then hit the Next button.
- Now, enter the login password for the old Gmail account. Then, under POP Server, select pop.gmail.com and select port 995.
- Uncheck Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server.
- Check “Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail’.
- Then, click on the Add account button.
- you can now choose whatever your preference is when it says “Would you also like to be able to send mail as email@example.com?”. If you select the Yes, then follow instructions to set up everything. If not, then you are done and imported all the emails successfully on your new Gmail address.
Your new Gmail account will get the updates from time to time and all the old emails from the linked account. So wait for a while and all the old emails will get transferred on your new account or Gmail profile.
Importing all the old Gmail emails to the new Gmail account is an easy process. It removes the hassle of switching between the profiles and also makes it possible to handle multiple email addresses from one place. If you’re having trouble during these steps then ill recommend going for the Gmail Exporter which makes the process easy and you can easily perform Gmail to Gmail migration and can easily transfer all the emails from one account to another profile.
You Might Like: Free up Gmail Server Space.