Gmail has been one of the most trusted email client services till now. It can be used for various applications like to send/receive emails, spam filtering, chat, video and audio calls, conversation views, etc. As taking a backup of your mailbox data is always a clever move, a user can also do the same for Gmail. To export Gmail to PST file format or directly to Outlook can be done very easily.
One can directly export the mail items to the Outlook or can convert it into PST file and can import it to the Outlook profile. For doing so all you need to do is to follow any of the below methods.
There are two quick hacks that will make your job easy:
Export Gmail to PST using Outlook email client:
For this firstly, you need to install Microsoft Outlook on your machine, secondly, you have to follow the below steps to convert Gmail to :
1. Run Outlook on your system.
2. Log in using your google account.
3. After the configuration, click on the File Menu and select Open & Export.
4. Select the Import/Export option.
5. From here, select export to a file, then click on the Next button.
6. Opt for “Outlook data file (.pst)” and again click on Next.
7. Choose the folder to export into PST file.
8. Give the output path and click on the Finish button.
Even though this is a great way to convert Gmail emails to PST format but here is a catch that you can only convert the inbox of the Gmail account using this trick. But don’t worry, for converting all the mailbox items and folders into PST format the below-mentioned method is good enough.
You Might like:
Export Gmail to PST using Google Takeout:
Google Takeout is a great way to export a copy of the content of your account. it helps a lot to keep a backup of your data and also to use that on other platforms.
To archive Gmail emails to PST format using Google takeout, all you need to do is to follow the below steps:
1. First, log in to Google Takeout using the source Gmail account.
2. Deselect all the data otherwise you will end up downloading all the data from your Google account.
3. Scroll down and select the checkbox of Mail.
if you want to download some selected emails then hit “labels selected”.
4. Now, select Next Step at the bottom of the page.
5. From the next page, you can customize archive format, choose the delivery method and can also select the export type.
Next, select the delivery method and prefer the export type as .zip. The archive could be of any size.
Then hit the Create Archive button.
6. The zip file will be sent on your selected delivery method and it can take a little time as per the number of mail items you are downloading. The zip file will include .mbox files in it, which can be later be converted into PST format. Export these downloaded MBOX files in your system directory.
To convert MBOX to PST, all you need is to follow the further steps:
7. Download the MBOX to PST converter and install it on your system.
8. launch the utility on your system.
9. Select the exported MBOX files from your system directory and click on the Open button.
10. Soon the scanning process will get complete than on click on the Ok button.
11. Now, take a view of all your files data and then click on the Save button.
12. The selected location will be displayed here. Now click OK to start the conversion process of selected MBOX files into a defined file format.
13. The conversion process will get initiated on your system, wait until its completion.
14. After the completion of the process click on the Ok button and the file is now converted into PST format.
To export Gmail to PST format of Outlook, I’ve provided two methods: One is Outlook itself and another method is to convert Gmail to MBOX using google takeout and then to convert that MBOX into PST format using the utility tool. Both methods are good but the problem with the first one is that you can only import inbox folder of Gmail into Outlook using it but if you are using the second one it will help you to export all the mailbox folders of the Gmail account.
So, I think it will make the process easier for you and you can easily archive Gmail emails to PST format using these methods. If you have any query, you can easily put that in the comment section and I’ll help you out to resolve that.