How to Create Email Signature in Gmail: Step-by-Step Guide
Summary:- An individual tends to use the signature to get automatically recognized by the recipient either by name, company name, or hyperlink of the webpage. This is just like a digital signature which claims the identity of the person claiming who he/she tends to be. So, here we are going to discuss all the possible how-to methods to create email signature in Gmail. Let’s first take a look at the reasons for adding a signature to one’s Gmail email account.
Why do we make Gmail Signature?
These are the primary reasons to create Gmail signature:-
- Your signature remarks your identity to whoever you send mail to.
- It gives out valuable information to recipients such as contacts, prospects, leads, etc. to reach out to you.
- Reassures authenticity by signatures that claim the identity of an individual.
Now, let’s look into different methods to insert signature in Gmail.
How to Add Email signature to Gmail Account?
Given below are the methods to add an email signature in Gmail. Follow the instruction as provided for better results.
How to Create Email Signature in Gmail?
Follow the below steps to make Gmail signature:-
Step 1: Sign in to Gmail
- Open your web browser and search for Gmail.
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down in the settings Drop-down menu.
Step 2: Move to Gmail setting
- In the settings dropdown menu, go to general settings and click Signature to create Gmail signature.
STEP 3: Setting the font of Signature.
- Now, You can edit the signature in Gmail. Users can select the font, increase or decrease the font size, and other options to modify the signature text.
- Users can also add hyperlinks to Gmail signatures such as links to the website.
- One can use alignment options to align the signature text on the page by using bullets and quotes next to it.
- Make sure to save the changes after applying all the altercations to the signature.
Method to Add Signature in Gmail Reply
These methods will help you create email signature in Gmail along with pre-requisites.
Below the Gmail signature box, check the box stating ‘‘Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the “–” line that precedes it’’. This checkbox appends your Gmail signature in all replies or forward messages by removing little dashes in-between.
How to Add Picture to Gmail Signature?
Following are the instructions to put your picture in the Gmail Signature:-
- Adding an Image to your digital signature makes it attractive.
- In the Gmail settings, go to the signature tab and click the image next to the hyperlink option.
- Gmail allows an individual to add an image to their signature. Add an image using the drive or upload from the gallery option. Else, one can also attach the URL of the image in the hyperlink.
- Resizing the Imaged signature is always considered a Smart Option.
How to insert your logo in Gmail Signature?
Adding a logo is similar to adding a picture to a Gmail signature. Given below are instructions to do the same:-
- First, select a logo from your Google drive or upload it from your local gallery or add using an internet URL.
- You can use reduce the size of the logo by going to signature specifications.
- Save changes from the bottom of the Gmail page.
How to Add Signature in Android Email?
Now, most of us use our mobiles to check our personal and work emails and respond to them instantly. So, let us see how to create email signature in Gmail on an Android phone or tablet.
- Open the Gmail application on your personal device and click the sign with three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
- Next, scroll down to the Setting option and select a mail id to which you wish to add your email signature.
- After account selection, go to Settings of Mobile Signature.
- Create or Add a signature you would like to apply to the Gmail mobile application. Add designation, company details, and others to your Signature Profile.
- Now, you have successfully added Signature to your Gmail application.
How to Add Gmail Signature on Apple device?
In this method, we will add Gmail signature to Apple mail by following simple steps:-
- Go to the Gmail application on your local device.
- Scroll down and locate the settings option.
- Choose mail id to synchronize with Gmail signature.
- Go to Signature settings, and add the essential details you want the recipient to look for when looking for details.
- Email Signature is successfully applied to your personal IOS device.
We have discussed all the possible situations one can encounter while facing ‘How to create email signature in Gmail?’. As there is no commercial solution available in the market. Users can opt for their options according to their preferences based on options and devices. If you are looking for solutions to backup Gmail emails, you can try Gmail Converter. I hope you find this blog helpful. It is one of the best professional Ways like freeing up Gmail space, protecting Gmail from hackers, etc. to optimize the Gmail account.