Gmail is used by many people worldwide, and it is a communication platform associated with Google. Nowadays, Gmail also offers direct communication through hangout messages, audio, and video chat, making it a powerful application that combines all communication capabilities in one place. Besides the advantages, It also comes with some issues like Gmail not working, Gmail spam filter not working, Gmail not receiving emails, and many more.
Well, the below section is based on the issue Gmail not working. Here, I am going to explain the various reasons as well as a solution to fix the above-mentioned issue and protect your Gmail account.
What are the Reasons Over Gmail Not Working?
This scenario can appear due to various reasons such as server outages, email filters, storage, security attributes, spam messages, Gmail sync difficulties, free space in Gmail, and many more. If this issue occurs then Gmail does not receive or send the emails.
- Some users did not get mail notifications on android.
- Gmail forwarding not working, and the Gmail spam filter not working in Google Chrome.
There are many issues while using Gmail. Some are defined below now; let us explore the methods for resolving these issues.
Fix Gmail Notifications not Working in Android Smartphone
Google frequently updates the Gmail app to spot known bugs and appeal to new technological advancements. You may experience the error if you’re using an old version of the Gmail app because of which may not properly use the full features of Gmail.
- Open Google Play Store and then tap on the hamburger button in the top left corner of your app.
- Tap the My Apps & Games and press the Installed tab.
- Then tap on the Gmail App.
- You will see two buttons, Update and Uninstall. Press the Update button.
- After the Update, Gmail notifications are ringing on your smartphone. If Notification of Gmail not working, then follow the other steps.
- Now, go to Setting of your smartphone and tap on the Apps & notifications.
- Press the App info button.
- Open the Gmail App, and here you can see the Notifications.
- In notifications, tap the toggle to show notifications. The toggle is now in blue.
All set, now your phone rings with the notifications of Gmail. Read those emails and reply to them. If you are facing an issue on your desktop, then I discussed a method to resolve a Gmail not working; read the steps below.
Clear Browsing Data in Chrome Browser on Desktop
Sometimes, users are not able to send or receive mail and can’t get notifications from Gmail. So, here you need to clear Browsing Data in the Chrome browser.
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Press the three-dot icon will appear in the upper right corner of the chrome.
- Select More tools from the drop-down menu.
- Select Clear Browsing Data from the More tools menu.
- Choose the period for which you want to clear your surfing results.
- Here, the new tab opens to clear the Clear Browsing Data; press the clear data button.
This method clears your “Cache and Cookies” where password and junk files are stored. Some junk files of Gmail have stopped using the app. Hence, Gmail not working; we are not able to use the services like Gmail forwarding not working, Gmail spam filter not working, etc.
The issue has been resolved, and you can now access your Gmail account emails. Some emails are critical for us, and we need to back them up from time to time. As a result, a good third-party utility for routine Gmail email backup is recommended.
Automated Software for Gmail Backup
You can use the automated software to backup your emails. Gmail Backup Tool allows you to export data from your Gmail account, such as calendars, contacts, and users can save this data to a computer, external hard drives, USB drives, and other devices. On both Windows and Mac OS, they could automatically import the emails into Outlook, Thunderbird, Yahoo, and other email clients.
Users can export Gmail emails to PST, PDF, EMLX, EML, TXT, MBOX, HTML, and transfer Gmail emails to other file formats using this reliable Gmail Backup tool. If you used prominent software, you have an advanced option to backup your mails into different-different formats.
We’ve seen that email notifications in android are not working, and we update Gmail apps from the play store; then, some users cannot send or receive emails due to Cache and cookies; step by step, we solve this issue. Finally, we used Google Drive to backup emails, which we do manually. Users can choose to use manual methods or use a professional and automated tool to backup Gmail content without restrictions. I hope all your issues regarding Gmail not working are resolved. Thanks for reading this blog.